Personal information is generally information that can reasonably be used to identify or contact you. When you use our Services, we may collect and store personal information about you to provide our Services to you and improve the Services we provide to all of our users. Below are some examples of personal information we collect and how we use it.
Information provided by you directly
· Customer Services. When you contact us through any of our customer support channels, including email, web portals, and telephone support numbers, we collect personal information to track and respond to your inquiry and analyze and improve our Services. In order to help you better, our users efficiently access the information provided on our platform, we collect certain information from you. You may be required to register your name, address, e-mail id, phone number and other similar information. This information is collected in order to customise the content you see, to be able to adhere to your specific requests and to contact you about our services.
· Payment Information. If you choose to purchase any goods, services, or premium functionality through our Services, you may need to provide your payment information and other personal information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
· Communications to Vendors. We may collect personal information when a Member contacts a Vendor through any of our Services like web site email, number dialed, etc. For security purposes, Users should not include any password, payment card or other sensitive information via this Service. We reserve the right to monitor messaging between Members and Vendors to improve our Services.
· We also use personal information to market to you. Personal information is also used for purposes such as troubleshooting, safer service, understanding consumer interest, informing you about offers, services and products pertaining to your needs, detecting and avoiding error, fraud or criminal activity. We may share personal information with other affiliates to
further, provide related services. Those entities may or may not market to you. We may disclose personal information if required by law or other legal processes. We will share personal information with associates or businesses linked to us, pertaining to your requirements.
Information Collected from Third Parties
· Location. We may collect your location when you use our Services (including calendars, our mobile apps, or content-uploading features) in accordance with app and device requirements. We may use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of your operating system or browser and sensor data from your computer or device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. In addition, you may submit a photo or other materials that contain geographic information in its metadata. If you do not want to share such location data, please disable such collection in your account settings and preferences. You may be permitted to opt out of the collection of your location information in your app, mobile device, hardware or browser settings. For some of our Services, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain features or functionality if you choose not to provide your location information.
· App, Browsers and Device Information. As is the case with many websites, our Services automatically collect information when you visit them, including but not limited to browser characteristics, operating system, settings, ISP, domain name, IP address, type of computer or
mobile device, mobile carrier, connection information, and unique device identifier.
· Your Activity. We may collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we may log when you are using and have last used our Services, and what pages and other content you view on our Services. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including to tailor the Services to your preferences and otherwise improve your experience, to operate and administer the Services, to conduct research and analytics, to assess your interest in the Services, to deliver advertisements that may interest you, and to keep the Services secure. We may deploy various tracking technologies to collect this information. Examples of the types of tracking technologies deployed on the Services include the following:
o “Cookies” are small data files stored on your computer or device to collect information about your use of the Services. In addition to the general purposes listed above, cookies may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our Site in the past, and relate your use of the Site to other information we have about you. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on the Site (for example, by storing your username) and/or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, limit your use of the Site or its features.
o “Local shared objects,” or “flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate much like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings.
o A “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our web pages.
o “HTML5” (the language some websites, such as mobile websites, are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your usage of the Services so that we may improve and customize them for you.
Our Services include the above tracking technologies and others, operated by both us and third parties.
· Administer Our Site and Services. We use your personal information to operate our Services and conduct and fulfil the transactions that you request. For example, we use your information to display and customize the Services, provide the community features, provide the vendor catalogue and reviews systems, administer contests and sweepstakes, and operate our e-commerce store.
· Provide Customer Support. When you contact customer support, we may use or request personal information as necessary to answer your questions, resolve disputes, or investigate complaints. In some instances, we may be required to process one customer’s personal information to resolve another customer’s dispute or request. For example, if a customer reports behaviour that violates our Terms of Service, we will separately process both customers’ personal information and respond separately to each individual as appropriate.
· Ensure the Security of Our Services. To ensure your continued enjoyment of our Services, we may process your personal information to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud, enhance security, monitor and verify identity or access, and combat spam or other malware or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor the security of our Services.
· Send Transactional Communications. We may process your personal information to send you transactional communications. This may include contacting you via email, telephone, push or in-app notifications or text- based messaging to inform you about updates to our Services, information about your account, or information about ecommerce transactions that you conduct on the Services. This includes customer support communications to respond to your questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues. Transactional communications are not promotional in nature. You may be able to modify your contact preferences, but you will not be able to unsubscribe from all such communications; otherwise, you might miss important information about your account, the Services, or transactions you engage in on the Site.
· Post Testimonials. We may use personal information to post testimonials on our website.
· Conferences and Events. Together with our affiliates and event and marketing businesses and other third parties with whom we conduct business (collectively, “Service Parties”), we may use your personal information to communicate with you about our events or our Service Party events. We may contact you about the event and related products and services, and may share information about your attendance with our affiliates and Service Parties, where legally permitted to do so. If a conference sponsor or other Service Party directly requests your personal information at their conference booths or presentations, your personal information will be handled in accordance with their privacy practices. We recommend that you review the privacy practices of such sponsors and other Service Parties.
· Conduct Analytics, Research and Development. We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our Services and customer communications, as well as to develop new products and offerings.
· Send Ads and Other Sponsored Content. We may use personal information we obtain from you, your interactions with our Services, and from third party sources to provide you with marketing and promotional communications, to deliver targeted and relevant advertising and marketing to you, to determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns, to better understand you and your preferences, and to position and promote our Services. Our marketing will be conducted in accordance with your marketing preferences and as permitted by applicable law.
· Other Purposes Described at the Time of Information Collection, Use, or Sharing. We may in some circumstances notify you or seek your consent to use your personal information in other ways, as described just before collection, usage, or sharing of your personal information. These notices may be specific to certain parts of our Services.
We may share your personal information with third parties to provide or improve our Services or to assist us in advising you of other products or services that may be of interest to you. When we share your personal information with third parties, we require those third parties to handle and protect it in accordance with relevant laws and such third parties’ published privacy policies.
· Our Service Providers. We may share information with service providers and contractors who work on our behalf for any of the stated uses of your information. Examples include vendors and service providers who provide assistance with marketing, billing, security, data analysis and insight, technical support and customer service.
· For Fraud and Legal Reasons. We may disclose your personal Information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property; to protect the safety of you or others; investigate fraud; to comply with the relevant laws; or to respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, such as law enforcement instructions, official investigations, court orders, warrants.
· Business Transfers. We may disclose personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, change or dissolution, including for example a merger, investment, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind-down of a business. Such disclosure may include, without limitation, transfer of personal information to a purchaser of all or substantially all of the ownership interests or assets of the Company or its affiliates, a successor by merger, or an existing or new corporate affiliate.
· Other Individuals and Services at Your Request. We will share your information with other individuals and services at your request. For example, if you participate in our registry program, then we share your personal information with your friends, families, and other contacts as well as the registry program participants. In some instances, you can choose to make your online registries available to guests and friends via a password. If you do not elect this option, then anyone visiting will be able to search for and view your registry by using your first and/or last name and other information regarding your event.
· Our Corporate Affiliates. We have or may have parents, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other affiliated companies (collectively, “Affiliate Companies”). We may share some or all of your personal information with Affiliate Companies for multiple reasons, including, without limitation, to help us provide our Services or for the Affiliate Companies own business or marketing purposes.
· Third Party Partners to Provide Co-Branded Products and Services. In some cases, we may share personal information with third party partners to provide co-branded products or services, including contests, sweepstakes, and joint activities. For example, if you choose to interact with such co-branded products or services using your account information with us, we may share your account information with third parties as required to provide the co-branded product or service that you request.
· Third Party Partners for Marketing Purposes. We may share your information with partners whose offerings we think may interest you. For example, if you participate in the registry program, we share information including, without limitation, your first name, first initial of your last name, wedding location and theme and colour preferences, etc., with our affiliates and other third parties (organizations that have offerings we think may interest you, registry program participants, retailers, other program participants, and other third-parties) for their marketing and other purposes.
We save your personal information at least until your account membership with us is terminated and you unsubscribe to email notifications. You may continue to receive email communications for a short period of time until we have updated all of our databases. After termination of your membership, at our discretion, your personal information may remain on our archived database and records or it may be deleted. Notwithstanding the above, we may maintain information on users who have been removed for violating our Membership Agreement or as otherwise required pursuant to law, and we may maintain email addresses in our unsubscribe lists.
We understand how important your privacy is to you, which is why we maintain (and require our service providers to maintain) appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you entrust to us. Some of our Services use third-party payment processors to process payments pursuant to their privacy policies.
Please note, however, that with current technology, the security of your personal information as it travels over the Internet or as it resides in any storage system cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
When you sign up for an account, you will establish a User ID and password. You are responsible for maintaining your password as confidential. You are responsible for any activity that occurs on your account as a result of you sharing your password with another or failing to protect it. We are not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your password.
If you correspond with us by email, text message or using web forms like a "contact us" feature on our Services, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure from access by unauthorized parties. If you create an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any activity that occurs under your account.
Our Services are designed and intended for use by adults. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about persons who are under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not register on the Site, make purchases through the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.